7 Essential Plumbing Tools Every Homeowner Should Have
For those who prefer DIY solutions when it comes to home maintenance and repairs, good-quality tools are essential plumbing. From leaky faucets to clogged toilets, having the right plumbing tools can make all the difference between a successful repair job and a disaster. But with so many different types of plumbing equipment out there, where do you start? In this blog post, we will provide an overview of 7 key plumbing tools that every homeowner should have in their tool kit, helping you save time and money on any potential disasters!
- Pipe Wrench: A must-have for any plumbing toolkit, the pipe wrench is a versatile and adjustable tool that helps you turn or unscrew pipes, as well as other round objects such as nuts and bolts.
- Plunger: A plunger is probably the most common tool used for plumbing and it’s a must-have for every homeowner. It can unclog toilets, drains, and sink pipes. Choose one with a flange at the bottom to create an airtight seal that will help give more effective suction power when pushing against clogs.
- Adjustable Spanner: An adjustable spanner can be used for gripping flat surfaces such as fittings, flanges and valves. This makes it an ideal choice when repairing taps or installing new fixtures such as shower heads or faucets.
- Hacksaw: An adjustable hacksaw is essential for any plumbing toolkit, allowing you to cut pipes and fittings to size. It comes with interchangeable blades so you can use it on a variety of materials such as plastic, copper or steel.
- Basin Wrench: A basin wrench is designed specifically for tight spaces, enabling you to adjust nuts and bolts beneath sink basins without having to remove the entire unit. It comes in two different sizes, making it ideal for loosening faucets as well as other hard-to-reach fixtures underneath sinks and countertops.
- Plumber’s Snake: This small but powerful tool gets its name from its long shape which resembles a snake. It’s designed to help unclog toilets and drain pipes by pushing its way through blockages in order to clear them out.
- Thread Tape: Thread tape is an inexpensive but essential item for any plumbing toolkit, as it helps seal pipe threads and prevent leaks. Always make sure you have some on hand so that you can quickly patch up any small plumbing issues before they become major problems!
These seven essentials are guaranteed to help you tackle most home plumbing repairs with ease and efficiency. Whether you’re dealing with a clogged toilet or replacing a faucet, having the right tools will make your job much easier and get you back to enjoying your home again in no time. You can save time and money by utilizing the right equipment when completing a repair.
But of course, serious issues still need to be addressed by an experienced plumber who knows their craft. If you are in need of more elaborate plumbing support or would like consultation, contact us today to today at All Plumbing Inc. Working with a team of trusted plumbing experts such as ours will help ensure any repairs done are completed correctly, so avoid costly mistakes caused by DIY mistakes. A great-looking bathroom or kitchen begins with reliable plumbing work – call us for trusted and experienced service any time!